With 3 kids, 4 if you count my husband, I could spend all day in the kitchen every single day. But I choose not too, I’m not alone right! Living in my kitchen is not my jam and I will do anything in my power to make it easier for me being a wife, mom and business owner.
I’m not fancy. I don’t over complicate. But, I still like to keep it healthy not only for me but for my family. This is how it goes down:
Sunday we usually ALL head to the grocery store for a big day out (I know we’re so exciting). I love shopping at Aldis because they have 2 name brands of food that I love, Fit & Active and Simply Nature. Plus you can’t beat their prices - Healthy made affordable!
I’ll be prepared and make a list up the night before. HAHA just kidding! I usually write the list in the van while my husbands drives yelling at me telling me I should be more prepared. lol I do remind him that I have a list in my head and just need to write it down (I do usually have an idea of what I want to cook)
Have you ever heard the saying, “Just have the healthier foods on hand?” Well, that’s the rule I live by.
We always buy extra because we have kids and I swear my boys are going to be 7 feet tall and weigh 200lbs. They eat non-stop! Ok getting back on track…. as soon as we come home we unpack our groceries, I leave my fruits, veggies & eggs out so I can prep them for the week.
This might seem so small but it saves so much time all through the week. Plus if it’s already prepped and washed you are more likely to eat it instead of grabbing for the chips because you are making healthy convenient and ready to go.
Extra things I buy at Aldis that make it easier on me:
- Fit & Active Turkey Meatballs (pre-made baby)
- Fit & Active Marinina sauce
- Whole Wheat Pasta (I will cook on Sunday to have on hand)
- Eggs (tons of eggs)
- Cans of fruit (in no syrup or lite-Yes fresh is better but being a mom of 3 I would be at the grocery store 5x in one week, this is for backup. I’m not trying to be a superhero here.)
- Frozen vegetables (we will pick up a full box and throw it in our buggy, we always have vegetables on hand)
- Fit & Active cheese sticks
- Greek Yogurt
- Peanut Butter
- Meats I buy-turkey burger, chicken, lean beef, low sodium turkey lunch meat, turkey bacon
- Whole wheat bread & Fit & Active wraps
- Whole wheat waffles
- My fresh fruit of choice is strawberries, apples, blueberries, grapes, oranges.
- My fresh veggies of choice is celery, carrots, green peppers, jimica.
Recipes I made this week:
- Turkey Sloppy Joes over Spaghetti Squash
- Green Pepper Pizzas
- Pumpkin Parfait
- Quinoa Muffins
- Turkey BLT Wrap
I make these recipes in bulk so I can just grab and go for the full week.
If your lost and need help, Let's Break Down The First 7 Days Of Your Health and Fitness Challenge, So You Are Prepared!